Sunday, November 14, 2010

Zips Recruiting Club


The University of Akron actually has a club that recruits students. I find this club to be a bit odd, but its existence is justifiable. If your wondering what they do, take a look...

"The purpose of this organization shall be to promote The University of Akron to future students through sponsored events by the Office of Admissions."

Setting the club aside for a moment. I want to know if this is a club anyone would join? I've been crazy bitter about the university lately. One faculty member in particular has not been in his office during his time, and is setting my work-flow back. I've had other teachers in the past who have just been dumb. With that said, I've also had fantastic teachers that make the most tedious classes exciting. So here is my question to you the reader. Would you join a club to promote our university? Would you promote it without the club? I used to tell everyone I know how great I thought Akron was. Now I'm telling people how I can't wait to get out of here! Fortunately, all my teachers this semester have been fair, and they all know what they're talking about.

If anyone would like to know more about this club check them out at the Office of Admissions.

4 comments:

  1. I would join a club that promotes the university. I've done a job the past two summers that practically does just that. I really enjoy telling incoming freshman about UA and some of the great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is called PR.... but I guess students could have a club as well.. I don't see any harm in that, I just would assume they REALLY love the school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like several faculty at the University of Akron and am more than happy to promote them and what they can offer in the classroom. But as far as promoting Zippy, a logo and a college experience, I don't really want any part of that. Really, I go to Akron because of the faculty and convenience. If UA wants me to promote their brand, then I shouldn't be paying almost $400 a credit hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I been a part of a few organizations on campus and I like the university, but I can't see myself joining a club like that.

    ReplyDelete